1. Check out our currently available animals on Petfinder!
2. Review the adoption requirements listed below. If you have any questions please reach out.
3. Complete an online adoption application form. You will be contacted within 24 hours of your application's submission and if approved, we will contact you to set up a time to meet the animals.
4. After a time is coordinated to meet the animal(s) you are interested in, you will visit the shelter and interact with the pets. If the fit is good for you, your family, and the animal, you will provide your photo ID, pay the adoption fee ($100 for cats, $200 for dogs), read and sign the adoption contract, get copies of the pet’s vaccination records, and take your new pet home!
1. Bring rabies vaccination certificate(s) for any current dogs and/or cats in the home.
2. Contact your veterinarian and give permission for the Tucker County Animal Shelter to contact them for a reference.
3. Have licenses for currently-owned dogs.
4. Show proof that you're allowed to have the pet where you live (proof of home ownership, OR lease with pet addendum, OR letter/email from landlord/home owner).
5. Must be at least 18 years old with a current photo ID.
6. Must complete adoption application (can be done in person at the shelter or can be completed by clicking the form on the right).
Click below to virtually meet the animals who are currently available for adoption at our Petfinder page! The animal's profiles are updated in real time-- as soon as we get their biographies entered into our software system, they are available for you to view!